"Life is easier than you think. All that is necessary is to accept the impossible, do without the indispensable, and bear the intolerable.”—Kathleen Norris

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Thai Food and Writing

During the writing of our restaurant review, I discovered--or re-discovered--that I enjoy writing.  Well, as long as it is on a subject that I enjoy...like eating.  I'm wondering if I've chosen the wrong field by going into Psychology.  I might enjoy more the writing of restaurant reviews.  I wouldn't even need to be paid if they paid for the cost of my meals.  Of course, that wouldn't pay my rent or car insurance.  And what would it benefit society as, I believe one of the young men in class put forth, is a "foundational purpose in seeking to further our educations?"  Do I draw on my past experiences striving to help others understand themselves and become whole?  Or do I blissfully eat my way through my future experiences while sharing those culinary moments with others?  Life hands us some tough choices, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment