"Life is easier than you think. All that is necessary is to accept the impossible, do without the indispensable, and bear the intolerable.”—Kathleen Norris

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Fishbowl

9/7/10
The fish bowl was scary.  I wonder how often we will have to express our thoughts and opinions in the moment that way.  I need triggers, reminders, notes of a subject for me to remember what I have read—or even written—on that subject.  I had left my “Ophelia” notes on my computer and had a paper with me which only had a small portion of my thoughts on the essays.  Without my notes, those thoughts didn’t exist.  Actually they do exist somewhere in my brain, but I don’t have the ability to recall, find them wherever they have been tucked away, at a moment’s notice.  Out of sight; out of mind.  I learned my lesson to bring all levels of my work with me in the future so that I’m not stuck in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment